An aeronautical engineer’s role and responsibilities revolve around the processes of producing aircraft and their components. It is basically one of the professions that require a lot of hard work, passion, and dedication.
Aeronautical Engineer Job Duties
As per the job profile, Aeronautical Engineer’s role and responsibilities are the following:
- Design Engineer: With the help of software available on the market, designer engineers work with a team on it for the purpose of designing the aircraft and its components.
- Higher Education Lecturer: Lecturer teaches students at institutions of higher learning such as colleges and universities. They educate the students in the class through their subject notes.
- Maintenance Engineer: The maintenance engineer is responsible for inspecting, testing, and servicing the aircraft and its components. It is their responsibility to ensure that the aircraft runs smoothly and reliably.
- Thermal Design Engineer: Thermal design engineers are the division of engineering that imposes thermodynamics on the design of technologies and products. Thermodynamics is a physical science that studies the relationships between heat, work, temperature, and energy.
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer: Manufacturing systems engineers are in charge of a product from start to finish. They are focused on the entire process related to the manufacturing of the product.
- Assistant Technical Officer: Assistant Technical Officer ensures a safe environment by performing inspections, prioritising maintenance work, and repairing components.
- Flight Technicians: These engineers diagnose the mechanical and electrical systems of the aircraft. Their responsibilities are to either solve the problem or replace the defective parts using hand or power tools.
- Automotive Engineer: Automotive engineers deal with the design, manufacture, development, testing, distribution, marketing, sales and after-sales care of aircraft and its components.
- Control and Instrumentation Engineer: Control and instrumentation engineers ensure that the components of the aircraft work safely and efficiently.
- Product Designer: They keep an eye on the design of the product from start to finish. They also implement new and innovative ideas in the designs as per market requirements.
- Aircraft Production Manager: Aircraft Production managers are responsible for the technical management, supervision, and control of production processes of aircraft and their components.
- Quality Manager: The responsibility of the quality manager is to check before delivery whether the product meets the quality standard.