AME - Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) course is an internationally license course involved in the modification, repair, maintenance, testing, and solving of the difficulties faced in aircraft. Consent from a licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is compulsory process before to take the aircraft off the ground. It is reliability of an AME to ensure the fit-to-fly condition of aircraft. The incredible growth in air passengers can be considered a proof of the development of aviation. It is the perfect period for candidates who are eager to make careers in the aviation industry. In this course, the institutes offered in India have mostly been approved by the Directorate-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), the government of India.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) Course Eligibility
AME is the least known branch of engineering, but it provides candidates with the most unique career opportunities. Candidates who want to be an AME must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidate must have either passed 12th or appearing in 2023 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics stream from any recognized University/ Board
- 3 years engineering diploma candidates are eligible to apply for this course.
- The age of the candidate must be between 16 to 28 years old at the time of admission.
- Candidate must not have color blindness.
- The candidate should qualify AME CEE examination.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Duration
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course is divided into academic sessions and practical training. The candidate will study for two years on a campus that must be DGCA-approved, and practical training sessions will be held at DGCA-approved organizations. After passing the AME modules and accomplish the practical sessions, the DGCA will offer a license to the candidates. A licensed AME is eligible to work in the aviation sector worldwide.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Fee Structure
While attending academic sessions at AME institutes, the candidate must pay some fees, which can range from INR 3-6 lakhs for the entire course. The candidate has to submit their fees semester-by-semester at the campus. The meritorious candidate will achieve a scholarship depending on the All India Rank (AIR) of AME CEE 2023. Fees for the hostel are exclusive to the academic fees. The hostel fee will be charged in accordance with the amenities offered to the candidates. It will be around INR 25,000–40,000 per semester.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Stream
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) course license is classified in a few of the following categories:
This licensed person maintains, rectifies, repairs, tests, and troubleshoots the difficulties relevant to the mechanical parts (fuselage, engine, landing gear, etc.) of an aircraft.
B1 license is subdivided into:
- B1.1:-B1.1 licensed AME has to certify the flying condition of the technical components of a turbine engine's aeroplane.
- B1.2:- An AME with license B1.2 is liable for the security and safety of an aeroplane with a piston engine.
- B1.3:- This licensed AME will repair, test, rectify, and solve the issue of the jet engine based helicopter.
- B1.4:- License holder AME will modify, test, maintain, repair, maintain, and resolve the difficulties faced by the piston engine based helicopter.
B2 license:- A B2 license holder is commonly referred to as "avionics." During the tenure of the B2 license candidates will study all the processes from maintenance to troubleshooting problems with the electrical components of aircraft.
B2 license educates the candidates about the following:
- Electrical system
- Radio and Navigation system
- Instrumental system
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Syllabus
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course syllabus allows candidates to study a variety of subjects that provide in-depth knowledge of the operations performed while verifying the aircraft's fit to fly condition In the AME syllabus, 17 modules will be there. However, the candidate will be taught the subject related to the AME license. Modules 1 and 2 are not required because they are not applicable to the DGCA course in India.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Career Opportunities
AME candidates have massive career opportunities as India is gaining all the limelight through its development in the aviation industry. The time has come for candidates who aspire to work in the global aviation industry. The day is not too far off when India, with its potential, is going to rule among the countries in aviation.
When we notice the news, air traffic is increasing gradually, which is grabbing our attention. Several prestigious airlines have ordered aircraft, airports will be built, MRO organizations will be established, and so on. By far, this news will provide valuable insight into where aviation will be in the coming years.
AME provides excellent opportunities for candidates in the following areas:
- National and International Airlines
- MRO Organizations
- Aircraft Manufacturing Organization
- Aircraft Part Manufacturing Organization
- Civil Defense Forces
- Aviation Training Centres
- Flying Clubs
AME License Procedure
AME license attracts most of the candidates as it is internationally authorized. Simple and painless steps must be taken to obtain an AME DGCA license, including the following:
- One must meet the eligibility criteria of the DGCA-approved AME institutes.
- One should apply for the AME CEE 2023 registration form for the purpose of admission to one of the best AME Institutes and receive up to a 100% tuition fee scholarship.
- Aspirant has to pass the institute's exams, modules, and complete the live training to achieve the license.
AME Salary and Lifestyle
The AME salary package of the license holder is phenomenon, and their lifestyle is like a dream. The AME average starting salary package is INR 7-8 lakhs per year as per the payscale. It is an essential job profile as it is related to the safety and security of passengers. Aside from salary, AME falls under the category of respectful profession. It is not surprising that AME salary packages around the world are extremely high. It is one of the best courses for candidates who want to build a career in another country.