Aeronautical Engineering Course Details
Aeronautical Engineering is one of the aircraft engineering branches in the aviation sector that is catching candidates' attention due to its uniqueness and scope. This course educates the candidate about the designing, construction, planning, researching, testing, and manufacturing of the vehicles flying within the Earth’s atmosphere. With the advancement of technology in India's aviation sector, graduates of aeronautical engineering have a lot of opportunities.
Aeronautical Engineering Eligibility Criteria
The first step in pursuing this course is to meet the aeronautical engineering eligibility criteria, which are listed below:
- One should be appearing for or passing the 12th with a non-medical stream (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) from a recognised board.
- Aeronautical engineering courses are also open to those with a 3-year engineering diploma or a higher qualification in physics and mathematics.
- The candidate’s age at the time of admission should be 16 to 28 years old.
- To gain admission to one of India's prestigious government-approved colleges and universities, candidates must pass the AME CEE (common entrance exam for aeronautical engineering).
Aeronautical Engineering Course Duration
Aeronautical Engineering course duration as per AICTE is a four-year undergraduate course in the aviation sector, in which there are eight semesters. The examinations that are required to qualify are held once every six months. The student will study several theoretical and practical concepts of the functioning of the aircraft and its systems while pursuing the course on campus. The last semester may have industrial training in a live environment.
Aeronautical Engineering Subjects
During the course, the examination will be conducted semester-wise on the campus for which the candidate needs to study the aeronautical engineering subjects. There are eight semesters in the complete course tenure, and six to seven aeronautical engineering subjects will be taught. This subject includes core theoretical and practical sessions. A few of the aeronautical engineering subjects are listed below to give the candidate an idea of what they are going to study while pursuing the course:
- Concepts in Engineering Design
- Computational Engg.
- Engineering Mechanics
- Ecology and Environment
- Basic Strength of Materials
- Gas Dynamics
- Structural Mechanics
Aeronautical Engineering Career Opportunities
An aeronautical engineering graduate has career opportunities in India and around the world. A few of the top organizations in the world where aeronautical engineering career opportunities are very high include:
- Lockheed Martin
- Raytheon Technologies
- Northrop Grumman
- General Electric
- United Aircraft Corporation
- Lufthansa Technik
- Delta TechOps
- ST Engineering Aerospace
- Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited
- Air France Industries
- KLM Engineering and Maintenance
- AAR Corp.
- SIA Engineering Company
Aeronautical Engineering Course Admission Process
Candidates who are mesmerised and fascinated by the idea of establishing a bright career in the aviation sector can follow the simple and smooth aeronautical engineering admission process outlined below:
- One must first meet the eligibility requirements for aeronautical engineering before proceeding with the admission process to one of India's top aeronautical engineering colleges.
- Fill out your AME CEE 2023 registration form by visiting https://www.amecee.in/ and clicking on the "Apply Now" button.
- Enter your complete personal information and submit the AME CEE application fees for successful submission.
- After passing the AME CEE entrance exam, students can choose from among the best colleges and universities in India and receive up to 100% scholarship.
Aeronautical Engineering Course Fee Structure
The AME CEE Aeronautical Engineering common entrance examination has wide range of college options for the candidate. Each college has its own aeronautical engineering fee structure that will be either mentioned on the official website or in the e-brochure that will be provided at the time of AME CEE admissions counselling. The aeronautical engineering fee structure in India will be paid semester-wise on the campus and will tentatively range from Rs 4 lakhs to Rs 8 lakhs for the full course. The student who wishes to study through an education loan can apply for it at the bank.
Aeronautical Engineering Salary
When it comes to aeronautical engineering salary packages, the candidate's academic knowledge and soft skills are the most important factors. Candidates with abilities such as communication skills, logical skills, problem-solving abilities, quick decision-making, patience, a strong sense of responsibility, and so on, are more likely to obtain jobs in the best organisations with lucrative Aeronautical Engineering salary packages. The average starting aeronautical engineering salary package will be Rs 6 lakh to Rs 7 lakh per annum. If a candidate wishes to work all over the world, the average aeronautical engineering salary package will be much more appealing, ranging from $ 70,000 to $ 100,000 per year.
Aeronautical Engineering Scope
The candidates need not worry about the aeronautical engineering scope. Once they complete the course and get the degree, huge opportunities are waiting for them, as the Indian aviation industry is growing remarkably. In India, the vision of "make in India" has been extended to "make for the globe," this is a reflection of the calibre of the Indian aviation sector. The aeronautical engineering scope areas have been listed below so that candidates can be aware of the sectors they can rule in:
- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies: The massive job opportunities in the aviation sector for aeronautical engineers will be in the Aircraft Manufacturing Companies, where they show their skills in the planning, designing, fixing issues, and production of the aircraft.
- Research Organizations: Aeronautical Engineers will carry out the task of developing or improving aircraft technology. Several research laboratories are set up to use the creative side of these engineers, including DRDO, ISRO, NASA, etc.
- Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) Organizations: In MRO organizations, aeronautical engineers are employed to execute the tasks related to the maintenance, repair, testing, and repair of the aircraft components.
- Civil Defence Forces: Aeronautical Engineering degree holders will design, test, upgrade, and manufacture the aircraft used by the civil defence forces for the welfare of the country.
- Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies: As aircraft are huge in size, they are made up of several complex and complicated components that are manufactured by aircraft part manufacturing companies. Aeronautical engineers are hired for the manufacturing of the components of the aircraft.
Aeronautical Engineering Entrance Examination
The AME CEE Aeronautical engineering common entrance exam is the entry level examination conducted nationwide in both online and offline modes. Deserving candidates will be offered admission to aeronautical engineering with up to 100% scholarship based on the AME CEE's All India Rank (AIR).One of the top colleges and universities can be selected for admission at the time of AME CEE’s admission counselling. In an aeronautical engineering common entrance examination, there will be 25 questions from each section of physics, chemistry, and mathematics of the objective type. A negative marking will be applicable for an incorrect answer, and four marks will be added for a correct answer.
Aeronautical Engineering Job Profiles
After receiving the degree, the candidate can pursue Aeronautical Engineering job opportunities. A few of the top aeronautical engineering job profiles are listed below:
- Racing Car Designer
- Aircraft Engineers
- Graduate Engineer Trainee
- Air safety officer
- Aircraft Production Engineer
- Assistant aircraft engineer
- Thermal Design Engineer
- space scientist
- Flight Mechanics Engineer
- Assistant Technical Officers
- Aircraft Design Check